Pages

Sunday 18 January 2015

Resolutions.

So I'm only about 18 days late on this blog post but every year I make some sort of resolution. I'm not really into that "New Year, New You" idea. I don't really want a new me, I think current me is okay. She could probably lose a bit of weight but I won't be losing sleep over it.
However, there are a few things I would like to do.

1. Write more. I get so many ideas all the time, I practically dream about writing my novel but I get distracted and at this rate I'll never finish anything.

2. Draw more. I am actively trying to improve my skills all the time. This month alone I've produced so much work, some that I've really like and a lot I was less pleased with. But I know I'm still on my artist's journey and still need to develop my style. So this year I intend to work on that both with traditional and digital art. I'm thinking of starting a tumblr purely for my doodles.
My first drawing of 2015, based on the film Eagle Vs Shark.


3. Take more interest in my appearance. I don't usually care how I look but I know that I feel really good about myself if I take a little bit of time on what I look like. So whether that be spending more time on my clothes or my make up now and then or going out especially to get my nails or something done, I need to learn to invest in myself a little bit. Although I think I'll not bother with all that waxing malarky, the last time I got waxed, I ended up having a leg spasm and kicked the beautician in the boob.

And finally (a cheesy one):

4. To become a human doing rather than just a human being. I sometimes feel like I should be taking more risks and putting myself out there more now that I'm living back at home. At uni, I had to do that, to branch out and make friends. But at home I'm so comfortable that I forget to push myself. This year I want to take more chances and gain more experiences. For the first time I have time spread out ahead of me, without educational obligations or anything to alter my plans. Sometimes the magnitude of this freedom overwhelms me, but I need to beat that and start living.

No comments:

Post a Comment